Thursday, July 23, 2009

Tokyo Disneyland...

I went back to Tokyo Disneyland the next day, this time by myself. It was rainy all day but it turned out to be a good thing. The lines were short due to the weather. I didn't have to wait more than 25 minutes for any ride all day long.


At Tokyo Disney the "World Bazaar" it the equivalent to Main St. USA at the American parks. It has a glass rooftop enclosure to keep you dry on days like this one.

Splash Mountain in "Critter Country"

The ride had "technical difficulties" causing us to sit and wait while at the top of the big plunge at the end of the ride. It made the girl in front of me very anxious, but it offered me a chance to take a good picture.


Haunted Mansion in Fantasy Land. I tried to get Some pictures inside the ride but it was too dark and the ride moved too quickly to get a good shot. The Japanese dialogue throughout the ride seemed somehow scarier than the English version, even though I didn't understand much of it.

Pirates of the Caribbean in Advenureland. This was a fairly exact reproduction of the American version, including the the Johnny Depp and Davy Jones updates that were implemented in the US incarnations of the ride.


"It's a small world" in Fantasy Land.



Tomorrowland... I'm not sure but I think the Japanese version of Space Mountain is faster, although it hasn't received the somewhat cosmetic modernization that the American versions got.

Star Tours in Tomorrowland. Why can't I ever take a tour of the moons of Endor without the Empire fucking things up? This seems to happen every time. Maybe if I got a pilot with more experience...


At both tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea, they have some unusual flavors from the popcorn vendors.

There was:
Honey, Caramel, Sea Salt, Curry, Extra Black Pepper, Soy Sauce & Butter.

If you ask me Curry popcorn is the best.

The Disney Cheeseburger set. About $8.00 USD. I think it was a good deal considering it's captive audience food in Japan.

The "Meat Pie". A puff pastry filled with a mixture of ground meat and a "gravy" of sorts.
I first had this the day before at Disney Sea. When I heard it was called "Meat Pie" I had the girls ask the vendor what kind of meat it was. The vendor replied "every kind of meat." Somewhat ambiguous, but I tried it anyway. It was fantastic. To clarify, it really does taste like every kind of meat.

Tokyo Disney was awesome, and now I only have to go to the Hong Kong park and the Paris park to complete the lifelong goal of visiting all the Disney parks before I die.

No comments:

Post a Comment